Sunday, September 23, 2007

As a plumber, I make a good graphic designer

So the drains in the bathroom were not draining freely. So a little bit of Draino and the sink is fixed.
The shower was not so co-operative.
A bit of googling, and apart from one of those machines that you stick one end into the drain and it agitates the blockage away, I decided that the plunger shoud help dislodge whatever gunk was down there.
Well, plunging away for a bit seemed to bring up some globules of hair and lord knows what else. But it still wasn't draining. Then the bathtub started to react to my efforts in the shower. Aha, so they're connected. Maybe a bit of Draino down the bathtub drain might help.
Nup.
Ok, so I'll try plunging that and see what I can remove.
Well, after a good hour or so. To no avail.
Craig has a shower and now the shower AND the bathtub are not draining at all.
It took over night for the water to drain from both.
So, on a Sunday. A plumber is coming with his whatchamie to stick down the drain, to agitate whatever it is blocking the drains. At weekend rates of course. Sheesh.
So much for D.I.Y.
Should have called the professionals in the first place.